ISB Middle School celebrates math competition achievements!
By Angel Jin, ISB Communications Team
Published on Wednesday, May 10, 2023
This week, the International School of Beijing (ISB)’s Middle School (MS) assembly celebrated ISB’s cultural diversity and math competition highlights.
The assembly kicked off with performances including Mongolian and Korean singing, ballet dancing, violin, and modern Chinese rap. Here at ISB, students are encouraged to find at least one academic area and one co-curricular pursuit they are passionate about and in which they can excel.
After everyone enjoyed the performing talents of ISB’s young students, MS students’ hard work in math was celebrated, and they certainly achieved some amazing results! This included the Mathematical Association of America Global Top 5% and Global Top 1% awards. This is a great example of how ISB’s challenging and joyful learning environment can help students to achieve impressive outcomes in academics.
Listed below is the full list of MS math competition awards. A huge congrats to these students!
- MathCounts State Round School Excellence Award: Miranda P, Boxuan S, Alicia L, Judy Y
- American Mathematics Competition 8 Outstanding Performance Award: Addison T, Jeffrey Y, Stuart P, Eric Z, Madison L, Maximilian S
- American Mathematics Competition 8 Global Top 5% Award: Jeffrey Y, Stuart P, Aidan L, Eric Z, Ji Hoon M, Jeremy Y, Ying Ying Y, Miranda P, Madison L
- American Mathematics Competition 8 Global Top 1% Award: Addison T
- United Kingdom Math Trust Awards:
- Best at School and Gold Award Global Top 1%: Hanna W, Taylor X
- Gold Award Global Top 1%: Andy L
ISB is an extraordinary school, made so by a tradition of educational excellence spanning 40 years. Establishing, nurturing, and growing such an exceptional learning community has been and remains intentional; we work hard to build strong relationships so our learning is at its best.